Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Red Lion, Hognaston

This was a pub I'd been trying to visit for a while and it was worth it. -  low beamed ceilings, open fires, quirky wooden tables of various shapes and sizes and a range of three beers. The only downside was that it was clearly a pub that has put a lot of effort into developing its food side and, perhaps as a consequence, there weren't many folk in (it was a Tuesday evening) and those that were left as soon as we arrived. So despite the potential, there was little or no atmosphere. The beers were well-kept and provided a range of flavours. One for the list - but not top of it.

1 comment:

  1. I first visited this pub on a snowy day in Jan while out cycling. The delicious mushroom soup sampled by the roaring open fire was most welcome as was the fresh coffee.
    I promised myself I would return to sample the beers and try the rather pricy food.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.